Why is mankind attracted towards Supreme God?
Words such as Supreme God (Paramēshwar), God (Īshwar), Deity (Dēv), etc. are used by some with varied meanings and by others as synonyms. Swami Muktanand on one occasion said, ‘No matter what you label Him as God (Īshwar), Brahman, unmanifest energy or Divine Energy (Chit-Shakti), the meaning is the same.’(1) Though this is true at Swami Muktanand’s spiritual level His quote makes one thing clear, that there is confusion in the usage of all these words. Click here to read more.
- 1. Meaning of the words Supreme God, God, incarnation and deity
- 2. Concept of God from various viewpoints
- 3. Concept of God according to ethnology
- 4. Origin and meaning of Parameshvar
- 5. Some other Names
- 6. Label of The Supreme God
- 7. Special features of Supreme God
- 8. Percentage of characteristics of The Supreme God and the three components in animate and inanimate creation
- 9. Spiritual experience of seekers
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.