Why is every mantra chanted with 'svaha' while offering oblation in sacrificial fires?
The Deities of absolute ether (Ākāsh), absolute air (Vāyu), absolute fire (Tēj), absolute water (Āpa) and absolute earth (Pruthvī) given below represent the five main cosmic elements. More information on them is given in ‘Science of Spirituality : Chapter 24 - Creation of the Universe’. Click here to read more.
- 1. Akashdevata (deity of absolute ether)
- 2. Vayudevata (deity of absolute air)
- 3. Tejdevata (deity of absolute fire)
- 4. Apadevata (deity of absolute water)
- 5. Pruthvidevata (deity of absolute earth)
- 6. Guardian deities of the directions (dikpal)
- 7. Grahadevata (deities of planets)
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.