Why are new clothes worn on an auspiscious day?
The scriptures have stated specific actions on the perspective of a person while wearing new clothes and about deriving benefit at the spiritual level.
An auspicious beginning to wearing of new clothes should be done on festivals.
New clothes should be worn after placing them in front of the Deities.
Before wearing new clothes, offering them to others to wear.
On specific days like the festivals, the Principles of specific Deities descend onto the earth and are active in a higher proportion. By wearing new clothes on such days, the clothes absorb the frequencies of the Principles of the Deities and become sāttvik. The subtle-bodies of a person are purified by these frequencies and he also becomes capable of absorbing them. He also benefits from such sāttvik clothes all around the year. Click here to read more.
1. Auspicious beginning to wearing of new clothes
- 1.1 Reasons for auspicious beginning to wearing of new clothes on a particular day
- 1.2 Underlying science in placing new clothes in front of the Deities before wearing them
- 1.3 Underlying science in offering new clothes to others to wear first
- 1.4 Underlying science in washing brand new clothes, before using them
- 2. Effects of wearing used clothes
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.