The important and requisite components for the shrāddha ritual are Darbha, Bhrungaraj leaf, Tulasi, black sesame, white rice, barley, honey, black gram, white fragrant flowers etc. Red coloured flowers are forbidden in the shrāddha ritual as destroyer frequencies are emitted from them. Fruits like the Indian gooseberry (amla), pomegranate, musk melon (kharbuja) are specially used in the shrāddha ritual. Click here to read more.
- 1.1 Effect of the use of Darbha in the shraddha ritual
- 1.2 How should the Darbha be selected ?
- 1.3 Reason underlying the use of Darbha with roots in the shraddha
- 1.4 The reason underlying not plucking Darbha by hitting many times on it or cutting with the nails
- 1.5 The reason underlying placing Darbha if a brahmin is not available for the seat of Deity or the Pitars
- 2. Black sesame seeds
- 3. Akshat
- 4. Maka (leaf of Bhrungaraj and Tulasi)