Why does one feel happy after seeing a vast ocean or the sky?
One feels happy when one sees the vast sprawling ocean or the sky. However, if one sees a part of the ocean or sky through the window then one does not feel happy. Hence if one’s mind becomes all pervading, the Bliss too will be limitless. Click here to read more.
1. Theoretical discussion on happiness and unhappiness
- 1.1 Expectation of happiness and not of object pleasure
- 1.2 Happiness derived from objects itself is Bliss
- 1.3 Vast objects bestow happiness
- 1.4 Absence of desire means happiness
- 1.5 Concentration of the mind means happiness
- 1.6 Thoughtless state itself is Bliss (Anand)
- 1.7 Stability means happiness
- 1.8 Forgetting attachment to the body is equivalent to happiness
- 1.9 Spontaneous cessation of respiration induces happiness
- 2. How to acquire at least a small amount of true happiness?
3. Overcoming unhappiness completely
- 3.1 Happiness and unhappiness, the materialistic (average) individual and the spiritually evolved
- 3.2 Class (varna), spiritual practice, happiness, unhappiness and Bliss
- 3.3 Happiness, unhappiness, Bliss and the spiritually evolved
- 3.4 Natural state of communion with God (sahajavastha)
- 3.5 Righteousness (Dharma)
- 3.6 Need for philosophy
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.