Why is purashcharan performed before commencing chanting of mantra?
‘Often one has to be friend mantras. This friendship is achieved through rituals. Depending on the cause for which the mantra is required and to what extent that cause is pure, impure, mild, harsh, auspicious, inauspicious, complimentary or harmful, one has to perform some rites (kriyā) on that mantra accordingly. The seats (āsans), mālās (rosaries) and yantras used while performing them vary. (There are also various types of mantras for befriending mantras). Click here to read more.
- 1. Purification of the mantra
- 2. Utkilan (nishkilan)
- 3. Befriending mantras (mantramaitri)
- 4. Emancipation from the curse (shapvimochan)
- 5. Sanskars (rites) on the mantras
- 6. Activation of mantras
- 7. A Purashcharan
- 8. Meaning of the mantra
- 9. Comparative importance of the techniques
- 10. ‘The six tantrik acts (shatkarmas) essential for proving a mantra (mantrasiddhi)
- 11. The efficacious (siddha) mantras
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.