How are deities associated with various organs in Human body?
Every bodily action requires energy. Every energy has a specific name, for instance the energy which induces sneezing is called Deity Chakpadi. To understand the association between organs and Deities first chant the word ‘Ark’ for one minute and note in which sense organs namely, the ears, skin, eyes, tongue and nose some sensation is felt. Only then read the following paragraph.
Thirty-one seekers attended a workshop on Spirituality. None of them knew the meaning of the word Ark. After chanting the word ‘Ark’ they experienced sensations in various sense organs as follows : 19 seekers - in the eyes, 4 - in the ears, 4 - in the tongue, 3 - in the nose and 1 - on the skin. From this, one can deduce that there exists some relationship between the word ‘Ark ’ and the eyes. Ark is one of the Names of the Sun Deity (Sūrya). The Sun Deity and the eyes both being associated with the absolute fire (Tēj) element, after chanting Ark, a majority of seekers felt the sensation in the eyes.
The following table illustrates the relationship of various organs with Deities and also how the Name of a particular Deity should be chanted to improve the function of a particular organ. The point to be noted here is that specific chanting will be beneficial only if the function of an organ is impaired due to a spiritual factor, that is a reduction of vital energy (Prāṇa-shakti) and not if the cause is physical or psychological.
|Organ||Mantra of the Deity|
|‘A. Sense Organs|
Om Dikdēvatabhyo (ॐ दिक्देवताभ्यो नम: ।)
|2. Skin||Om Samirnaya Namaha (ॐ समीरणाय नम: ।)|
|3. Eyes||Om Arkaya Namaha (ॐ अर्काय नम: ।)|
|4. Tongue||Om Varunaya Namaha (ॐ वरुणाय नम: ।)|
Om Ashvinikumarabhyam (ॐ अश्विनीकुमाराभ्यां नम: ।)
|B. Motor Organs|
1. Organs of
|Om Agnayē Namaha (ॐ अग्नये नम: ।)|
|2. Hands||Om Indraya Namaha (ॐ इंद्राय नम: ।)|
Om Upendraya Namaha, (ॐ उपेंद्राय नम: ।,
|4. Anus||Om Yamaya Namaha (ॐ यमाय नम: ।)|
|5. Sex organs||
Om Prajāpatayē Namaha, (ॐ प्रजापतये नम: ।
|Om Chandraya Namaha (ॐ चंद्राय नम: ।)|
|Om Achyutaya Namaha (ॐ अच्युताय नम: ।)|
Om Chaturmukhaya (ॐ चतुर्मुखाय नम: ।)
|4. Ego||Om Shankaraya Namaha (ॐ शंकराय नम: ।)’(4)|
Click here to read more.
- 1. Battles between deities and demons
- 2. Assistant deities (ganadevata) and their number
- 3. Messengers of deities (devdut)
- 4. Yoginis
5. God and man
- 5.1 Chanting The Lord’s Name and being blessed with His vision
- 5.2 Love or hatred shown towards God is reflected tenfold
- 5.3 Missions of some deities
- 5.4 Organs and mantras of deities
- 5.5 Names of Vishnu and parts of the body associated with them
- 5.6 Deities of organs
- 5.7 Organs and the five cosmic elements
- 5.8 The three humours in the body (tridosh) and deities
- 5.9 Deities of illnesses
- 5.10 Deities and destiny of man
- 5.11 Alphabets, deities and benefits
- 5.12 Asking the deity for answers (the ritual of taking koul or prasad)
- 5.13 Deities, God and man
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.